Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:42:06 -0400
From:         forum email <nij.forum@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: cooperative Westy ownership?
Comments: To: "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@comcast.net>

Question 1) how well do you know the people in the group? Eventually something will go wrong in the dynamic and then its potential for being a mess is very high.

2) how many people in the co-op? Most people do NOT want to camp outside the good months so you need to set up a timeshare thing where weeks are allocated in advance, the most desirable weeks have a higher cost. If you lived in Roanoke VA everyone would probably want the Natural Bus weekend.

3) Will all in the co-op understand what it takes to drive a 25-35 year old vehicle? You would need to decide in advance if its a co-op then any repairs are the groups responsibility, not just the driver at that moment.

4)insurance? Good luck finding a policy to cover this. If its titled by one person and they hold they hold the insurance, who ends up with the liability if something really bad happens.

I could spend hours and pages listing the Pros and the Cons. They are some wonderful advantages to sharing, but they are also some huge drawbacks as well.

In the end it comes down to you?