Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:14:02 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Ordering Parts Online
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@busdepot.com>

I second what Ron is saying here in regards to the trust issue. As vendors committed to keeping Vanagons on the road and alive, we are all doing our best to supply the best possible products to our customers. That is because we care and to us you are not just some random person who we want to sell a product to and then move on. You are part of the community and you are doing something that we are passionate about ourselves. Occasionally there is going to be a defective part. That is really the manufacturers fault, however we are left to deal with it as vendors. What we try to do is to get feed back from our customers. If we get enough negative feedback or response from a product (or if I find that a product is crappy through my own repairs) I am going to start seeking an alternative source for that product. I don't want to sell cheap crap, instead we are your first line of defense against garbage parts.

People used to say "parts is parts" and then go online to try to find the cheapest part they could find. That really isn't true for Vanagon parts since the aftermarket has a wide spectrum of parts from Chinese made junk that only resembles the original part from about 10 feet away, to good quality parts no matter where they are made. It is our job as vendors to take the time and effort to sort through these sources and cherry pick the best ones we can, then offer them at a price you can afford, while at the same time making money for ourselves so we can here for the next customer.

If you understand this, I think it will make you think twice before buying from Ebay or a dirt cheap parts supplier that won't even take your part back if it is ordered in error. We are very competitive on our pricing. If we are a little more from time to time there is usually a good reason. Ultimately you are paying that little extra for a person who is on the other side of the screen that actually cares about you and your van.

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com