Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:29:22 -0400
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Scary happening plus fuel injectors/catalytic converter
Comments: To: David M <covrambles@yahoo.com>

David,

With the exception of stubborn fasteners - replacing your cat converter and O2 sensor shouldn't be too hard at all. I've done both and it wasn't too bad. Again, some of the fasteners were tricky because of corrosion and we had to apply a bit of heat to the O2 sensor to get it loose - but nothing to be afraid of.

I've never done injectors but I have removed them to check for spray pattern. I think there are some good write ups on this here on Ben's site: http://www.benplace.com/ and probably some other places too. Having no experience in actually doing this job - I wouldn't be afraid to handle it myself (with help of the resources out there). I'd certainly try it myself before spending $1000 for any of the jobs you mentioned.

Other's wiser tham me may chime in differently.

Good Luck!

Thanks,

Jeff '85 GL (Gertie) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus