Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Jun 2013 10:43:04 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Upgrading the rearview mirror
Comments: To: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@ip-solutions.net>

Harry, I have done this. I installed the Yada BT50326F. You can see what it looks like here: http://www.amazon.com/Yada-BT50326F-1-Wireless-Back-Up-Bluetooth/dp/B0081L8SWM/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

The only two real problems with it are that the mirror itself is a bit bigger than the stock Vanagon mirror. This makes the sunvisors hit on either side once you install the mirror over your old one. It would be nice to try to find one that has a mirror unit that is similar in length to the Vanagon to avoid this.

The other fault is that even at it's brightest the lcd screen is too dim to easily be seen in the day time. You can use it and see it then, but it should be brighter. Believe me I tried to make it brighter with the settings and it helped a little but not enough.

The bluetooth hands free calling part works great with my Android phone. I just hop in, it syncs in a few seconds and I am getting calls or making calls and they are nice and loud, and people that I am talking to say they can hear me just fine.

This is an older, now defunct version. Maybe the newer Yada product would work better? I really like the BT part of it and the camera works fine, it is just that you can't see the screen like you should until it starts getting dark. At night the camera and screen work great.

Hope this helps you out.

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com