Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:08:17 -0700
From:         Dake Collins <wuwe423@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Awning question
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>

Hi Eric, I've got the large version of the BD awning & like it a lot, really appreciate the extra space and 4 people can comfortably sit around a table under it.. I can set it up using the jack slots; I don't very often because it seems to restrict the flow in and out of the awning & van. It took a few cycles of set up and take down before I got comfortable with it. It has withstood some heavy winds & rains as well as a surprise snow storm. Would I buy it again - mine was a gift but I'd buy one for sure. We can talk more at West River Westies. Dake 'Ian' Collins '84 Westy Wolfsburg ________________________________ From: Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 3:30 PM Subject: Awning question Hi listers,         I'm looking at the awning at the Bus Depot.  The one special made for them that can connect to the jack area and doesn't require any drilling and such.         Can anyone that has this let me know what you think of it and if you would purchase it again or a different one?  Also, is the larger one ok or is it a problem in the wind or rain? I know I should wait until wes River Westies to see what people have but I would rather be able to start using it right away if possible. tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Eric Caron 85 Automatic GL Westfalia