Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Jun 2013 08:50:21 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Ordering Parts Online
Comments: To: Jason <uberhare@gmail.com>

Wow, Jason, calm down... Did you know that the LT was sold here in the USA? At least the front cab of it was. My brother had a flatbed truck that had a Peterbuilt cab on the front. I was visiting one day and he knew about my VW obsession so he showed me the stickers on the door jamb of his "Peterbuilt" truck. It was a VW LT that had been rebadged by Peterbuilt.

That said, the vehicle you own is very unusual and not something that you can just grab parts off of the shelf for. You need to understand this when ordering parts. You are going to have to order online again. Just try to give extra time in case there is a delay (usually there is).

I order from Germany, the UK, and France all the time. When I first started I was very frustrated as well. One time you would place the order and the parts would show up in two days! Another time, someone at customs would go on vacation and everything would be held up for a month.

Then you have the "European Vacation" effect. No this isn't a National Lampoon movie :-) It is what happens when spring and summer comes around. Many of the suppliers that you would want to buy parts from go on vacation and are away for two weeks to a month! I could never pull this off as it destroy my business here in the states. Just when your customers need you most, you bail and don't come back until most of the holiday travel season is over. But in Europe, this happens more often than I like. Again you need to plan ahead. Make a list of things you might need during the summer driving season. Then in the fall or winter, order your parts. You will get them quickly, as long as you don't order around Christmas time, and then when spring rolls around you will just be installing your parts and enjoying the van.

I hope this helps ease your pain.

Have a great weekend!

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com