Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:13:08 -0400
From:         David Clarkson <dvdclarksn@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Refrigerator fan replacement

It has been mentioned that the stock refrigerator cooling fan is much more efficient than the muffin type fans. I had purchased one of these a while back from a list vendor as a replacement for my non-functioning stock fan. Maybe I'll direct that one out of the city water port and wire it in with a switch to the stock fan. Is there anyone out there that knows where to obtain an original design or OEM refrigerator cooling fan? I think that the two working together would make a noticeable difference. I also have purchased and not installed one of the "mixture enrichment" valves that gives more propane at startup from one of our well known list vendors. Has anyone installed this part and had any noticeable improvement in ease of staring on propane? I am of course going to remove and invert the unit for 24 hours and vacuum out the exhaust but am reluctant to become more invasive into the burner chamber or should I go ahead and get into that area. I don't want to disturb anything that is obviously sealed. My fridge works well but I think that being a 1990 that it would benefit from the upside down treatment, the valve, working cooling fans and a general clean up. Do all of the exhaust gaskets have to be replaced or can they be re-used? Just questions since I am going to tackle rust issues in that area and then paint the van. Time for some long awaited cosmetics. Your tips and feedback are appreciated. I know of the videos out there but wonder how invasive to be since my does work but is performing less an less efficiently. Thanks vanagonlanders.

David Clarkson 1990 westy