Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:02:14 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Solar Power
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

I didn't think you were Loren. With the cost of solar dropping so much like it has someone mounting a panel on the main part of the roof can easily afford a larger panel than before. I wouldn't buy anything smaller than an 80 watt for that reason. For just another $40-60 you can bump that up to 100-120 watt so if you have room on the roof why wouldn't you do it? That is for people with electric only fridges though. Otherwise you don't need so much so why make the top heavier to pop?

The alternator charging topic is a bit nuanced and complicated so I will leave it alone at this time since I am supposed to be outside working on some van projects.

Mark

Loren Busch wrote: > Mark, I wasn't trying to argue, just tossing in my two cents worth and > maybe in the wrong thread. > > Can you expand on your comment about "well configured alternator charging"? > that is a subject that we all might profit from. And an issue I've > thought about but haven't had a clear picture of what to do. >