Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Jun 2013 18:05:38 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Very Interesting Fire Suppression System
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

If I get a chance I'll take mine out with my wireless BBQ thermometer Monday or Tuesday and sit in traffic for an hour when it hits 90 here in Seattle to test my cooling system. Maybe one of our Phoenix listers could do this today since it's 118 degrees (only feels like 108!) according to weather.com. Good grief. But don't I think even in traffic on hot asphalt the engine compartment could go over the sustained 248 degree threshold, that's the temp I BBQ my pork shoulders at! But I could be wrong. . .

It's cheaper and far better to replace your fuel lines with high quality kits from one of the list vendors, but it might be good insurance too.

Stuart