Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Jun 2013 23:40:02 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wife is done with Vanagon and camping!
Comments: To: bernie <1234bjs@GMAIL.COM>

I think this is somewhat of a Friday topic but many folks view things in many ways. What is it that she no longer likes? Is the traveling, driving, or being outside? We got our Westy in 88 and my In laws joined us for many a trip. They were in their late 60's. In 89 they joined us (imagine 5) in the Westy for a trip from NY to Ca. First time they were ever cross country. Our first motorhome came on the scene in 97. They took many a trip in the Westy especially to Florida for both Disney and to see their grandkids. The RV made things a lot easier and truth be told we started taking a lot more frequent and shorter trips with the RV(s). The RV makes everything except paying for fuel so much easier. Later the RV became a necessity for them to travel especially once my father in law can no longer fly. My mother in law has passed but my father in law at 93 still travels with us. He does need a bed while we drive. When "mom" passed we made a collage of pictures. So many folks where surprised at the places they had been to traveling with us. The folks that never traveled on their own past Pennsylvania saw California, the Hoover Dam, Grand canyon, Yellow Stone, Death Valley, etc. In the Westy.

My wife and I love the Westy for many reasons which are why we still have it. For short trips or trips where I travel by myself it is convenient. However it is a fair weather camping and it has its limits. The one thing I hate is the constant moving of stuff to use the beds or whatever you need. The RV makes one feel at home to a fault. Maybe a small RV will get here on the road again. Then again if she doesn't want to travel and explore that is a different issue.

Dennis