Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Jul 2013 08:58:47 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: AGM group 41 battery choices?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Don, doesn't warranty replacement requirement exchange? Whenever I've gotten a warranty replacement battery (not from NAPA) it did. mcneely

---- Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > I have good luck with batteries from NAPA...Every small town or city has > NAPA stores and they're great on the warranty replacements. Mine seem to > last maybe 3 seasons as Aux batteries and I spend about 4 mos. per year off > the grid in my Vanagon with just a small solar panel and the alternator as > current sources. I use the fresh one as my starter battery, then in a few > years when the aux battery gets weak, I swap the starter battery over there > and get a warranty replacement, pro rated...stick that in as my starter > battery... > > Someone will now tell you how wrong this strategy is, how it shouldn't > work, sucks,...etc. but It works fine for me and about $65 every few years > is reasonable to run my electrical needs... > Don Hanson > > > On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Troy <colorworks@gci.net> wrote: > > > Just go to a Wal-Mart and get the battery. If it fails in less than 2 years > > you get a full refund and you get to start the 2 year deal again. > > > >

-- David McNeely