Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Jul 2013 22:24:03 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fridge Not Working on A/C - Relay?
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

The first part of troubleshooting is knowing how it works. The relay under the driver's seat only controls DC operation and that is only to switch power to the 12 volt heater when the alternator is operating. Of the 2 fuses behind the driver's seat, one is powered all the time and it feeds the fridge cooling fan and the sink water pump along with the display. The other fuse is powered from that relay and is for the fridge 12 volt heater.

For the fridge to operate on 110 volts the power comes into the van, goes through the circuit breaker, and then to an outlet in the pantry. The fridge is plugged into that outlet. All the controls after that are on the fridge. You have that rocker switch and the thermostat.

I would just put the fridge back op propane when parked and use the 12 volts for extended driving to get you through the weekend. Look for loose connections at the inlet plug and make sure the breaker is not tripped.

Dennis