Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Jul 2013 13:56:28 -0800
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vitrifrigo temp data
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

David:

The meter also reads out in watt hours, and a few other things as well. For anyone interested in the watt hours, it's reading 275 Wh's. over almost 24 hrs at this point. I guess that amp hours is something I understand a little bit better, as the battery is listed in amp hr capacity. The deep cycle marine battery I have for example is a 125 amp hour battery. Using 20 amp hours of that is something that I can relate to. I don't know how many watt hours the 125 amp hour battery contains, and I guess that depends on voltage according to your description. Knowing that my 125 amp hour battery is capable of delivering about 65 or so AH's,(50% battery depletion) I know I can run my fridge for about three days before the battery needs charged, and that's the most useful information for me. I realize this is a very simplistic approach, and other variables apply, but I think it's good enough for general calculations. Do you agree? Fridge is now at 26°, so guess I need to change the settings. Amazing little unit I must say...

Troy

From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@attglobal.net> To: "Troy" <colorworks@GCI.NET> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2013 1:14 PM Subject: Re: Vitrifrigo temp data