Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jul 2013 09:39:42 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is there anyone under 60 on this list????

Do the young ones 'get it'? A couple (of many) anecdotes from camping with the WetWesties for the last 11 years. As I got out of my Westy and walked up to the gathering group at the first WetWesties event I ever went to I was greeted by a very young young lady sitting in the drivers seat of a Bay Window. After introducing ourselves she poured me a paper cup of red wine and I figured I was with a good group. Shortly after that at another WetWesties event an eighteen year old slip of a girl pulled up in her Bay Window with the engine and tranny she had just rebuilt (both) and she had finished installing the night before. And at another event when I asked the two late teen aged boys, working on the Splitty they had arrived in, what was the appeal of a 40 year old vehicle to them they had trouble coming up with a specific answer. But they were there again the next campout. So don't worry about it, there will be more and more competition in the Vanagon market place for some time to come. Loren Busch Turned 74 today