Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:17:16 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is there anyone under 60 on this list????
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

For me, they are the only vehicles available with the particular camping properties I want. I DO NOT like them for having to repair them regularly, or because other people like them. Rather, being a contrarian, I might like them because some people don't, especially the RV crowd, who consider them to be beneath them. mcneely

---- Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > So, now that we've established that share the same demographic attributes > with collectors of Lawrence Welk 78s, you have to wonder WHY. > > Did we catch the bus fever at the right age, when there was only one bus to > guide us? > > Did we come into our affluent car-buying years when Vanagons were new > enough to even think about driving them without repairing them? > > Is it to hell with fashion? > > Is it a passion for utility? > > Is it fooling with stuff as anachronistic as we are? > > Does Vanagon ownership take getting over a lot of other stuff (British > cars, for me) first? > > Does Vanagon ownership require the kind of patience that is the only reward > for old age? > > Did we get tired of just driving around fast and thinking that was fun? > > There must be a reason we are keeping these things alive... if it isn't the > other way around. > > Jim

-- David McNeely