Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jul 2013 07:26:04 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: stolen part off 87 westy need outside cover for fridge vent
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>

They might also get lucky removing a Torx fastener with a hex.  If you want to really flummox them use the same type screws used on restroom partition assemblies, the ones with ramps on the left-turn side and a typical edge on the right-turn side.  Lets you tighten but not loosen.  Of course, you might also be prevented from ever removing them in the future, but that's not important right now. Stephen ________________________________ From: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:20 PM Subject: Re: stolen part off 87 westy need outside cover for fridge vent WTF?  Metal recyclers? I have one since I replaced my fridge with shelves, and I knew someone would need it someday.  Pmail me with your address and I'll send it to you.  You can buy me a beer next time I'm in So Cal. Try using Torx head screws this time, or better yet the secure Torx screws with a post in the center to keep small screwdrivers out: http://www.tamperproof.com/categories/torx-pin-head.html?gclid=CI-967awprgCF Q1xQgodVxkAYA . Stuart -----Original Message----- From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of EDWARD V BARGER Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:03 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: stolen part off 87 westy need outside cover for fridge vent HI last night some one stole the vent cover for the fridge off the out side of our 87 camper one of the hazards of living in Venice not much space and so the vanagon westy lives on the street in front of our house when I get it re painted  will need to find a garage to rent  but in Venice that will be $ 500 a month if I can find one any one have a line on where I can get one  ??  also need to know what screws are needed as they took all when I put it back will use screws with an uncommon type of head  not a phillips  perhaps that might slow them down have a 70 watt solar panel on the roof  always thought that is what would be stolen  but perhaps it is too hard and obvious to take like the site  lots of good information  even though there is one heck of a lot of just chatter  learning to id it and trash  the excess I'm  over 70  run two businesses  have had VW cars and busses / vans  since late 50s  first was a bug euro model mid 50s  had the pop out turn sigenals had to hit them every time I got in it during the winter or they were frozen into place lived in Sioux City back then we do most of our camping during the winter when the crumb crushers are home camp in the rain  snow  etc EDWARD V BARGER BARGER-LITE PO Box 2818 Venice, CA 90294 www.barger-lite.com ed@barger-lite.com 310 401 0633 Please THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT! Please don't print this email unless you really need to