Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Jul 2013 15:53:19 -0400
From:         Jason Ellsmere <j@BEAUS.CA>
Subject:      Re: Ask Yourself Folks, What Would a Good Running One cost?
Comments: To: "JordanVw@AOL.COM" <JordanVw@AOL.COM>

Having just bought a 90 Westy I can give you my angle on why I may have willingly "overpaid".

I had a trip planned this summer with the green light from my wife to buy a Westfalia. Given this is possibly the last time I will get 6 weeks off of work before I retire (20 years to go) I was motivated. Also that green light might of turned red if I missed the time window.

I looked for a couple of months locally (Ontario) then spread my search out a lot farther. I wanted clean and ready to travel, not a project. After spending well over 100 hours searching and looking at candidates that didn't fit our requirements I upped my budget and pulled the trigger on one. I justified that my time was worth more than the time I was wasting looking for a "deal". I would of found a deal if I waited but who knows how long that would be.

Stress of searching is gone and the fun part of trip planning and accessory buying has started. To me it was worth a couple grand to to get to this point quicker.

Jason Toronto

P.S. No, I don't know how to fix it but will learn or pay someone. Yes, I will ask stupid questions, sorry for the people it offends and a big thanks for the people with good advice.