Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jul 2013 10:58:11 -0500
From:         Andrew Philbrick <philbrickvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wet Running Issues.....again :(
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com>

I would check the O2 sensor wires. We had a similar issue with our '86 with a 2.1/MT. Turned out the connector at the sensor was allowing water in. My guess is that it closed the circuit before the sensor and caused the ECU to think it was running really lean or rich.

I threw some "rescue tape <http://www.rescuetape.com/>" on it and continued on. It held well but it was at the back end of the sensor plug so there was plenty of air flow to not melt it.