Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:31:11 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Sound proofing, was: Muffler question

Mark and everyone,

This is a very helpful thread. The comments will save me some big problems down the road. I want to do this myself but remember I'm blind. That means I'll be touching everything and getting my hands on everything. Roofing material would be a bad thing for me to use for that reason. Spray foam and spray undercoating are out for the same reason. The Dynamat sounds like it has worked for people and no one mentioned a mess factor. The cost was a concern but for me messing up my van interior would be something I need to avoid. I also remember putting in fiberglass in some areas but later I was concerned that it retained moisture and blocked drains I didn't even realize were there.

Can someone who used Dynamat speak to how clean or not so clean it is to apply? This is sounding like the best way for me to go so far.

Eric Caron 85 Westfalia GL Auto with currently a non roof cement black spotted interior!