Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Jul 2013 06:56:26 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: engine bucking and bogging - simple answer
Comments: To: "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

Ken,

I've even seen the filler neck rubber joiner rotted out on a 2wd van and water getting in the tank by the gallon.

But I think I mentioned I have a syncro.

I know I said I'm leaning towards the bad gas explanation. Why? well this problem has occurred 3 times over 4 years. Every time it has gone away with a fill up of gas. It has never happened at any other time, never in winter.

alistair