Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:04:51 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: radiator fan speeds vs AC
Comments: To: Richard A Jones <Jones@COLORADO.EDU>

The lowest of the speeds is actually from the AC running when the compressor is engaged. There is very little difference when the radiator switch turns on the fan as compared to the AC running the fan.

Either the AC or the radiator switch can call for the high speed. If the radiator calls for the high speed the AC compressor gets disabled. There is also a high pressure cut out for the compressor if pressures still get too high. If the AC regularly calls for the high speed fan the system may be over charged, especially if using R134A. You cannot reliably charge these systems using pressure gauges and the sight glass. You need to fully evacuate and fill with the proper volumne of refrigerant and it should work.

Dennis