Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:20:30 -0700
From:         Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NOW - Stainless Steel Mufflers
Comments: To: Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@gmail.com>

Although I liked the Ernst mufflers, their pipes weren't much better than Dansk. I brought in 50 sets of Ernst pipes a couple of years ago, and the welds at the flanges tended to protrude just like the Dansk. Almost all of these pipes required some resurfacing before use.

Cheers,

Jeff

From: Old Volks Home [mailto:oldvolkshome@gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:45 PM To: Jeff Schwaia Cc: Vanagon List Subject: Re: NOW - Stainless Steel Mufflers

Enrnst has been bought out by Dansk/Jopex (JP Group) this past year. JP Group has sent a flyer to me last month showing the Ernst line will be re-purposed as a "Premium" Dansk Exhaust line, but they're only showing Type 1 and Type 2 Exhausts for the 1600 based air cooled engine. Nothing has been said about continuing and Type 4 based or Wasserboxer based Ernst products (yet).

-- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" 75 914 1.8 "Nancy" Full Timing From March 1999 To January 2012 oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com <http://www.oldvolkshome.com/> Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Jim-Thompson/100000710343835 ***********************************