Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:07:45 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: H3 Bulb(s) Factory Flaw? PICS
Comments: To: Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

Yup. I added an aftermarket backup light; a repurposed driving light. Image of product box:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ItZfHwemUSk/Ue9mPx2gbzI/AAAAAAAAIAc/Vpl4CGdjVJE/s600/Navigator.jpg

On the Hella spare and bulb in spare housing, I moved the connection over and filled with electrical "Liquid Tape".

My apologies for the link. Sometimes picasaweb takes a given album page link and redirects to page of entire album.

This added back up light is switched at the dash. It is NOT turned on by the OEM backup light switch.

But you raise a good point. The bulb in the spare new housing is un-labeled. I imagine I could measure current draw and do some math. ;) That said, the wires on original bulb, and Hella, appear to be #14. I used #14 wire from the added relay to the new backup light.

Neil.