Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:20:05 -0700
From:         Scott Ohana <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: AAZ swap progress
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>

yeah, but didja push in the clutch pedal and see what it feels like ?

you never really know until you try that one step. Only takes a second. splines-smlines ...push in the clutch pedal and see what it feels like.

On 7/22/2013 7:00 PM, ralph meyermann wrote: > Hopefully there won't be any clutch issues, I have all new parts and > flywheel resurfaced. I was able to slide it in by hand within an 1/8" with > little effort after aligning the splines of input shaft and clutch plate. > I'll know for sure this weekend. > > Velma 82 na diesel westy > On Jul 22, 2013 8:30 PM, "Scott Ohana" <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > >> Did you try the clutch as soon as you had the engine mounted to the >> transaxle ? >> >> I have seen people spend hours and hours connecting the engine .. >> only to find out when they go to start it, there is something wrong with >> the clutch .. >> and they had to undo all that engine connection work, to take the engine >> back out, or something like that , to address a clutch problem they wish they >> had found out about sooner. >> >> I kinda 'can't install an engine and clutch without also bleeding new brake >> fluid into the clutch hydrualics. >> >> >> >> >> On 7/22/2013 6:16 PM, ralph meyermann wrote: >> >> Engine is mated to the transaxle and bolted in to place!! Now for the fun >> stuff, I have to change one coolant line or coolant hose due to new >> stainless coolant lines made for wasser boxer. One line is correct the >> other is not but will fab something to work. Also am getting the pieces >> together for my 2.5" exhaust system and my cold air intake that I am >> fabricating!! The light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger without >> any train like noises!!! >> >> >> Velma 82 na diesel westy >> On Jul 9, 2013 7:55 PM, "ralph meyermann" <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com> <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com> wrote: >> >> >> Hi Volks! I've been hard at it doing this swap and taking care of other >> things that needed attention. So far it has been getting spacers to lower >> engine and tranny 1" for engine lid clearance, New stainless coolant lines, >> fuel tank and sending unit, all shift linkage, clutch plate pressure plate >> and having flywheel surfaced, lubing throttle pedal assembly and cable, oil >> pump, oil seals and gaskets,and dropped off crankshaft to have timing gear >> updated tdi style due to suggestions from vwdielselfans to prevent failure >> and seeing the original key and keyway set up I can understand why. Finally >> a new set of bulli bar bumpers from Ken @ Vanagain to top it off. It all >> should be coming together in the next week for fabrication of new intake >> and exhaust system. It seems nothing is bolt it in and go. Finally the end >> is in sight!! >> Velma 82 na diesel westy >> >> >> >>