Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Jul 2013 10:02:04 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: affordable alternatives RE: Radiator fan resistor
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>

After just experiencing multiple failure points with my radiator fan, I know the 87 scheme intimately. In short, both the radiator switch and the AC low speed use the same resistor. The radiator high speed activates that direct feed relay putting the fan in turbo high noise mode. The AC high pressure switch adds the second part of that resistor to get that almost noisy fan 2nd speed. The 2nd speed is only activated by the AC. You may be right on the resistances although .09 seems like why bother.

Dennis