Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:08:57 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant reservoir bottle the 85 gl 2wd type
Comments: To: David Milo <dellaone@GMAIL.COM>

Actually, the description says that it fits the bracket for a 1.9 L waterboxer, a 2.1 L waterboxer, and a special bracket is available for a subaru conversion. mcneely

---- David Milo <dellaone@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > Without a sight gage, it is pretty hard to judge the coolant level when > warm. Also note that they are selling that for a Subaru conversion. > > Dave > > > On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Rocket J Squirrel < > camping.elliott@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Yeah, what Stuart said: Rocky Mountain Westy says, "Our new aluminum > > coolant tank is just what is needed for replacing the troublesome > > plastic stock tanks in your Vanagon." > > > > Are the "plastic stock tanks" in our Vanagons troublesome? > > > > And would an aluminum coolant tank be just what I am needing? > > > > -- > > Jack "Rocket j Squirrel" Elliott > > 1984 Westfalia, auto trans, > > Bend, Ore. > > > > > > On 07/30/2013 09:13 AM, Stuart MacMillan wrote: > > > >> RMW also has the ultimate solution: > >> http://www.rockymountainwesty.**com/Vanagon_Aluminum_** > >> Expansion_Tank_p/02512140<http://www.rockymountainwesty.com/Vanagon_Aluminum_Expansion_Tank_p/02512140> > >> 3-al.htm Get the impression these bottles are problematic?! > >> > >> Stuart > >> > >> -----Original Message----- > >> From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.**com<vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com>] > >> On Behalf Of > >> TonyCollins > >> Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 7:46 PM > >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >> Subject: Coolant reservoir bottle the 85 gl 2wd type > >> > >> So can someone tell me, is leaking from the under side of these is > >> common/possible? I came outside this evening to a drip from the back of > >> the > >> van. > >> > >> Inspection revealed drip directly above the coolant bottle bracket. > >> (Underside of bottle ) I could not flip the bottle over or enough to see > >> under it after I took the retaining screws off. Coolant hoses seem dry, > >> cap > >> seem dry. Seems to leak under pressure. Drip drip drip. > >> > >> Thanks > >> Tony > >> > >> Sent from my iPhone= > >> > >>

-- David McNeely