Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Aug 2013 14:25:00 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: How to remove/replace airflow meter ?
Comments: To: David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM>

At 12:53 PM 8/4/2013, David M wrote: >I got my replacement airflow meter from Bus Depot now I need to fit >it. I have 30 days (well about 25 now) to return the core. I read >Bentley and Haynes and nothing except 'remove 4 screws', well how do >I get at the screws? From the replacement unit, I can see they must >be inside the air-cleaner unit. So far I've removed the electrical >connector, the hose connector and all the air-cleaner clips. The >air-cleaner cover will not budge. I seem to remember the last time I >replaced the element I had a devil of a job getting it in. Do I have >to remove the entire air-cleaner assembly and if so, how? I'm stuck >at this point. I was hoping to get this done today. Thanks for ant >tips you can impart.

Loosen the big hose clamp where the AFM inserts into the rubber gooseneck leading to the throttle body (also of course the four clips and the bail holding the box to the side of the van). The upper half of the air box with attached AFM will now rotate and lift out. It's not difficult, so if things don't move it's because you've left something attached that shouldn't be.

Remember to tighten the hose clamp when you put it back together.

Yours, David