Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Aug 2013 19:13:34 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Trip Report Falcon Ridge

The Falcon Ridge Folk Festival is held in Hillsdale NY where NY, CT, and MA come together. We took the Westfalia there from it's home in southern VT. It was a magical weekend with lovely camping on a large farm, all kinds of folk related music, and a outstanding dance tent. The weather was great for those of us with a Westfalia. Not as perfect for those with just tents. From our spot up on the ridge we could hear the music without even going down to the main stage. This was handy during Friday's off and on rain. The Bus Depot Awning was amazing in both sun and rain conditions.

We did meet a few other westie owners. A 1982 diesel from Montreal and a 1977 from Mass. I didn't stop in to see the one Eurovan. One thing is for sure. There are a lot of people who wish they could have a camper like this. All day long people stopped in to ask about the car and some wanted a tour. A very fun way to meet people. I'd say only my Guide dog got a bit more attention.

All went and worked great. that is except one small sink issue that I'll investigate later. Truly a magical weekend. I hope others might consider going next year. They open camping early and there are opportunities for people to reduce costs of the camping and music by either volunteering or staying on after the concert and working on clean up. One of the other Westie owners was a volunteer. Truly a lovely place to be with a Westfalia.

Eric Caron 85 Westfalia GL Auto