Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Aug 2013 07:55:40 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Water spout question
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

I am hoping that the quality has come up but as of last summer the Delta Six version of these faucets were leaking at the base and both the manufacturer and the vendor knew about the problem, yet sold them anyway without testing them. I contacted both of them about the faucets and the manufacturer told me how he thought I could repair it and then test it after it was repaired. I used PVC pipe cement on the defective areas and it sealed the leak. The question I had was if it was so easy to test these faucets (stick them under water in a clear bowl and blow into the spout and look for bubbles) why didn't the manufacturer do this as a test on their end or the vendor do it on his end once he knew about the problem. I was the end user and because I had some skill I could fix the problem myself. I have a couple of these from last year that I can test and send out to you. My own personal experience with GW products that they make themselves is that they actually do a pretty good job of QC.

Just my experience.

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com