Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Aug 2013 11:50:46 -0400
From:         Harold Teer <teer.vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Battery Charger Sizing (Amperage) Woe and Warning (?)
Comments: To: Karl Mullendore <tdiguru@westyventures.com>

While I am not an electrical guru, I second Karl's recommendation for the Iota unit. Four years ago I searched for a battery charger to use with my Truck Fridge and the 4 motorcycle battery axillary setup and after extensive online research, I decided on the IotaI # DLS - 30/IQ4 series M battery charger, 12 volt / 30 amps with built-in controller. Part of the decision was driven by the size of the Iota since I could install it beneath the fridge location and part of it by the Iota tech support. Before and after the sale, Iota tech support could not have been more helpful. They quickly responded to any emailed questions and provided clear answers. After 4 years of use, everything is still working perfectly.

Harold

Harold Teer 1991 Westy -- VANGAUX Harrisonburg, VA