Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:35:46 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Faucet hose connections

Hi listers,

I have followed many amazing tips on how to replace my faucet and am almost done. I have carefully used tiny needle nose pliers and got the spade connectors out of the plastic clip. I never would have known to do this without folks from this list! I then removed the old hoses using a little heat on the one that was just pushed on. I then reconnected everything in reverse and have one issue to deal with.

The new Delta 6 Faucet is working fine. I am getting some leakage and I think it is from one of the hoses connecting to the faucet. I do not think it is the faucet itself. This only happens when I either turn on the tank pump or the city water but not in the off position. I also am pretty sloppy with the tape. I suspect this may be one of the times I have to resort to sighted assistance but thought I would turn to the collective wisdom before I call in my supports .

I am also very careful to try not to over tighten the hoses as I am strong and prone to damage things when I over tighten them.

I must say the Sure flow sounds like a nice upgrade but I purchased the original replacement before reading the positive testimonials! I also do find it easier to make repairs with exactly the same replacement parts.

Tips will be greatly appreciated.

Eric Caron 85 Westfalia GL Auto

When I reconnected the hoses I first wrapped the plastic with some Teflon tape and used a little wite grease on the slip on hose. I also warmed the hose a little bfor putting it on. It slipped on and off much easier then I anticipated.