Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:25:49 -0700
From:         Dug Smith <dug@DUGBERT.COM>
Subject:      Re: LED Brake lamps and Audiovox cruise control
Comments: To: WILLIAM WITZ <pbwitz@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Hi Bill,

I've actually hacked extra brake lights into the (empty) fog light sockets in the light clusters. It's a little fiddly, but it means you get 4 brake lights, which has to be better than 2.

On 8/16/2013 4:22 PM, WILLIAM WITZ wrote: > Hi all , well after much thought and consideration I repaired my cruise control using the keep it simple stupid principal. Not wanting to remove the instrument cluster because it is working quite well and is 29 years old. What If in fact want the Servo wanted to see was a load on the brake lamp switch so in would see that it was safe to run its program and therefore work as intended. Why not wire in a a 1156 brake lamp at the rear of the Van and leave the LEDs in as well? Hey it was worth a test and easy to do. Well it works; no need to cut and splice at the cluster no cluster you know what. This hack does not look real pretty but that is not my goal anyway. I can clean it up later. Now I have a Brake lamp secured with cable ties in my Engine compartment at the rear of the expansion tank. I hope this helps some one else. > Keeping it between the fence posts, Bill Witz 84 Westy Tiico >

toodle pip, -- Dug Smith | Terry Pratchett: It's almost (mailto:dug@dugbert.com) | impossible to ride a rock and roll (http://www.dugbert.com) | motorbike and stay on for three verses.