Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:09:47 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Horns, improvements
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

Mark, this is what I used on my recent lighting installation.

On a late model VW Vanagon, there is a "double" relay socket that's nice to have to set up a few of them. But the ones with a tang or bracket build into them are nice because you can buzz one into sheetmetal (with the 85 pin grounded to the screw) anywhere you need it, as close to the device as you want to put it. Then you can use the "old" hot wire to the device as the trigger wire going to 86.

Another advantage of the design with the built-in mount is that you can use regular old female spade connectors on the ends of your wires instead of having to locate and purchase the special female spades with a locking tang on them that keep them from falling out of the socket that you need with the kind without the built-in mount.

Jim