Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Aug 2013 15:13:46 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Boys Oil Cooler Kit
Comments: To: Paul Rogers <wognacious@GMAIL.COM>

Sounds like it's worth trying to me Paul. 'best system ' ? Quite a claim. ..........perhaps 'adequately good' is more apt.

I installed tencentlife's ( Chris Corkin ) kit on a Vanagon .. about a 500 dollar kit with hoses, shrouding, the cooler unit itself, thermostat, and temp-triggered booster fan .. quite deluxe. I'd ssay that kit is 'one of the best' .

at $ 132 I'd try one though.

On 8/24/2013 12:42 PM, Paul Rogers wrote: > Race-Trimâ„¢ Oil Cooler Systems > > Sorry about the lack of pertinent info, this is an external unit. There really is nothing to link to, at the site. Here's what the site says...... > > > > The ultimate in cooling efficiency, Race-Trimâ„¢ stacked-plate design offers maximum cooling with almost bullet-proof strength. Aircraft quality aluminum, fluxless oven brazed construction. Cross-path airflow effectively cools oil as air passes through as many as 16 paths across sturdy embossed plates. Insignificant pressure drop, twice the cooling in half the size. Painted black for fast heat dissipation. Fitted with 1/2 inch female pipe thread fittings. The best system for your Bus or Vanagon. > > > ZAP-11705 Oil Cooler Kit Complete, 72 Plate with "Sandwich" Oil Filter Adaptor $132.00 > NOTE: ZAP-11705 is recommended only for Vanagon Wasserboxers from 1983 to 1985. Will not fit 1986 to 1991 models due to OEM oil cooler design on filter mounting. Recommend using ZAP-11701 above for these applications. > > > > > Sent from my iPad > > On Aug 24, 2013, at 11:56 AM, <mcneely4@cox.net> wrote: > >> Paul, you didn't provide a link. Is this an external oil cooler, or is it a repair/replacement for the small factory oil cooler? I have a ten cent life external oil cooler that has been quite effective at keeping the oil temperature down and the pressure up when driving long runs at high ambient temperatures. mcneely >> >> ---- Paul Rogers <wognacious@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >>> Howdy, >>> I'm thinking about getting one of these kits and would appreciate any input/thoughts from the list. I'm not committed to this one yet so if there are any suggestions on other similar products I all ears. >>> TIA, >>> Paul in Tracy >>> >>> Sent from my iPlace >> -- >> David McNeely