Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Aug 2013 10:31:11 -0400
From:         Pat Patterson <SESRating@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Loss of power and slow top speed  vendor praise

After a fuel stop a couple states and 100 miles from home my van would only go 18 up hills and 51 down. I was on the interstate and it was around midnight. With a 70 mph speed limit and 4 bikes covering the tail lights while big trucks were hauling a** behind me I took the next exit. I limped it home by avoiding highways on my GPS and instead of getting home at midnight I was home at 430 am. I had just replaced my fuel pump and filter and started with another new filter to no avail. I removed my cat and it was not clogged at all but my van ran fast with it out. I took my muffler out and it looked fine going in but after removing the tail pipe a baffle had come loose and was restricting out flow. A hit with a big screw driver set it loose. I had about 30 K miles and a bit over 4 years on the entire exhaust. I purchased it from small car. I called them and even though the warranty was prorated after a year for the next 5 they were very generous in meeting me at about half way. I had it shipped with all new hardware gaskets and O rings and it is working great now. It is all stainless and was slightly different than the one it replaced so it was a new generation.

I have 1 of the 1st 2007 drive by wire Subaru engines conversions. A few months ago when the plate that the old gas pedal attaches to in the engine compartment broke Small Car sent me out a new and improved one that was thicker quickly and without charge.

Just wanted to share my experience and my satisfaction with one of our vendors.

Maybe someday when the Subaru diesel hits these shores and parts are easier to obtain I will upgrade again.

Pat in SC near Charlotte NC