Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:39:45 -0700
From:         Steve Williams <sbw@SBW.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Blinking Temp Light

I recently got a blinking temp light in my '84 camper. I topped off the overflow tank with no effect.

I had earlier noticed a drip under the front end, but I didn't know how serious it might turn out.

Had the camper carried on a flatbed to Peninsula Automotive in Campbell, California, about 6 miles from my home. They found and replaced a leaking heater valve, and all is good now.

I guess the heater valve wasn't one of the parts replaced when GoWesty installed a whole new system about four years ago. Steel pipes, new radiator, new hoses, but also, if I understand, the other newer stuff that was original to later model years.

Eventually, I guess, I'll find all the bits that they left in place.

At 11:03 AM 8/28/2013, OlRivrRat wrote: > Top off the ExpansionTank with coolant (preferably when the Eng' is >cool) & check that the OverFlowTank (the 1 behind the Lic'Plate ~ >JICYDKT) has the proper amount of coolant in it & drive it some more. > >On 28 Aug , 2013, at 10:29 AM, Kevin Gilbert wrote: >>1984 Westfalia 1.9L auto trans >> >>The red temperature light began blinking a short distance from home >>today. I recently replaced the steel coolant pipes and am hoping >>this indicates just an air bubble still in the system. >> >>What would be the logical troubleshooting checklist?