Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:26:17 -0700
From:         Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: camp stoves outside but connected
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@gmail.com>

Pressure cookers rock! At least that little thing on top does. Makes its own music as does Mr. Squirrel. Might I recommend the original "Geezer Cooker" A National/Presto model 40. Fuel efficient, handy as a usual casual pot and with proper retrofitting of a MirroMatic vent and bombproof 'jiggler' the creme de la creme of pressure cookers.

The outlandishly useful vanagon feature is that the handles are removable for stowage inside the pot with the 'jiggler' and the 'grate' that keeps the cooking from direct contact with the bottom of the vessel. Fits handily where other larger bulkier osha-approved ones might not, mine does well underseat or in cabinet. Real wooden handles not some chincey substitute. Fits right on top of the Condelli Flame Spreader/tortilla browner, decorative grate on top of the westy burner. How do you cook an artichoke to perfection in just 12 minutes? Presto is the answer. Boiled tongue with chilies, its a snap, pot roast, small furry critters, sameo sameo, all those tough things that boggle the mind in a camper like smoked hocks and anasasi beans. Presto! Made in USA when men were men, some of the women were men and the mutton was nervous, oh yea good for mutton too. Batteries not required.

Good to see Mr. Squirrel scampering around again as it is time to bury the nuts as witnesses in my back 40 will confirm.

HOMELAND SECURITY NOTE: All my pressure cookers are fully functional locked but not loaded and unregistered. They're legal to carry openly nationwide until that freedom too is lost.

Pensionerd.

Pix pointer to follow on Fryeday. Oh yeah, you can can in em too. But WAIT! theres more...on Fryeday

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@gmail.com> wrote: > Well, if others are chatting about cooking, then I might as well. > > In cold weather I tend to favor stews, broths, soups. For those I use a > small pressure cooker, inside. Sometimes I put it on top of my kerosene > heater, which I use outside, if I want the cooker to run at just below > "lunch whistle in Scranton PA"