Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:51:09 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Early Friday Post--don't open until September 6
Comments: To: Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>

part A ..just reporting what I read. part B ....just wanted to see if you were paying attention ! :)

actually , you have to boil and condense you pee some,then it'll work. And it depends on how much beer/coffee/gin one drinkstoo, and how good yer martini's are. YMMV.

On 9/5/2013 6:38 PM, Tom Hargrave wrote: > The engine won't stop running if it runs out of urea - a dash light just > comes on. > > And no, you can't just pee in the tank. > > Thanks, Tom Hargrave > www.kegkits.com > www.stir-plate.com > www.towercooler.com > www.grow-sun.com > www.raspberryproject.com > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM] On Behalf Of > Scott Daniel > Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:58 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Early Friday Post--don't open until September 6 > > It' sbeen standard now in many US model diesel cars.. > just guessing, perhaps at least 6 years , for Mercedes Benz dieselshere. > > called 'urea injection' I believe. > you can pee in the diesel fluid tank in an emergency. > > recently a diesel ambulance would not go due to shortage of that fluid, > another abulance had to be called ....it resulted in a patient death > ...prettysure I read that recently. > > How much time do vanagon list members spend reading per week I wonder ? > > > > On 9/5/2013 4:16 PM, Jim Felder wrote: >> Shows how modern I am. I have heard of the chemical urea, but had no >> idea it had any use in a diesel engine. >> >> Jim >> >> >> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Scott Daniel > <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>wrote: >>> You are not familiar with Urea , a liquid that most modern US >>> model diesel cars and light trucks need these days ? >>> Did you google it ? >>> Might learn readily by doing that. >>> >>> Chevagon ? >>> >>> >>> On 9/5/2013 3:49 PM, Jim Felder wrote: >>> >>> I will be traveling from early until late tomorrow, but I just have >>> to have input on this matter ASAP! >>> >>> I'm looking at a mailer that Chevrolet sent me advertising a Chevy >>> Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel, and the brochure compares it favorably (of >>> course) with a VW TDI. >>> >>> But here's the part that gets me: >>> >>> In the section that explains Chevy's 2-Year Schedule Maintenance >>> Program, there's this entry under the "free" category: >>> >>> "Diesel Exhaust Fluid Refills" >>> >>> Huh? Is this to be filed with Johnson Rods and Overhead Muffler >>> Bearing pranks? What is a "Diesel Exhaust Fluid Refill," and what >>> exactly is Diesel Exhaust Fluid? >>> >>> Anxious to find out what my Diesel Westy is missing, >>> >>> Jim >>> >>> PS What a Vanagon conversion this Chevy engine would make if it is >>> any good! I have heard nothing but good from people I know who have > driven them. >>> >>> >>>