Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:49:22 -0300
From:         Robert Fisher <garciasghostvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Okay -- is there a real fix for floppy mirrors?

Somewhere in the archives a poster describes a process in which (iirc) one has a machine shop tap out that hexagonal hole for a bolt, thereby facilitating a permanent fix. I was going to do that until I stripped my second project van. Now I have non-floppy former power mirrors, a conversion I highly recommend. I also took the harness parts, and intend to wire it up this fall. Like a few other things on these vans, those mirrors are just not worth the continued aggravation.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM, ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yea, even my new no flop mirrors flop, even after tightening them up all > the way! I'm listening as well!! > > Velma 82 1.9L AAZ td westy > On Sep 6, 2013 5:56 PM, <JordanVw@aol.com> wrote: > > > In a message dated 9/6/2013 6:46:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, > > camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM writes: > > > > Someone wrote about drilling a hole and driving in a pin or something. > > > > > > > > > > > > effective, quick and easy, as long as you dont mind never being able to > > adjust the mirror again. > > > > oh, and use a stainless steel screw. > > >

-- Cya, Robert

'87 2.1/Auto GL