Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:37:10 -0700
From:         Mike Miller <mwmiller6@ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: syncro or not?
Comments: To: Stephen Engel <sengel543@YAHOO.COM>

Obviously your van won't move. Of course that means it won't break either so you're saving money. ________________________________ From: Stephen Engel <sengel543@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 7:24 PM Subject: Re: syncro or not? I don't have any decals! Now what? Steve 87 Syncro GL -------------------------------------------- On Fri, 9/6/13, Dick Wong <sailingfc@DSLEXTREME.COM> wrote: Subject: Re: syncro or not? To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Date: Friday, September 6, 2013, 8:26 PM Well, I have two gray decals and one black decal.  The "Syncro" front and "4WD" driver side is gray and the "4WD" pass. side is black.  I bought the "4WD" on craigslist and did not think to check for color.  I applied the black one and only realized it was black as I pulled the backing paper.  So that means I leave darker thread marks on the pass. side and lighter on the driver side. To answer your questions. 1. You will have less traction on the right because your 4WD is "peeling" off/out.  Watch out when the whole decal is gone, you will not have any "4WD" on the right side. 2. It's not so much the flapping effect as it is there is less weight from the missing letters. But then again the reduction in weight should give you BETTER mileage. 3. Yes. Not working cost nothing, it also pays nothing.  That's my story and I'm sticking too it. :-)  Have a great Friday night everyone! Dick from Foster City. On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Mike Miller <mwmiller6@att.net> wrote: > Listers, > > Question time: > > The 4 wheel drive decals on the right front of my van are peeling off, the > Syncro on the front and the decal on the left side are okay. > > 1) > > Does this mean I have 1/2 of a 4 wheel drive van [one decal mostly off, > the still on] or > > 2/3 of a 4 wheel drive van [one decal mostly off, two still on]? > > 2) > > > How much of mileage hit is the flapping decal on the right causing? 10%, > 20%, 100$? > > 3) > > > Should this have been posted only to the syncro list or does the van now > count as a 1/2 or 1/3 two wheel drive van now? > > As you may be able to tell I have work to do which is being avoided at all > costs. > > Mike from Cotati. >