Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Sep 2013 05:32:59 -0400
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: camp stoves outside but connected

The Extend-A-Stay kit is good but you may just want the T- fitting and a 12' or longer hose. These parts are available at most RV supply stores where you can get the hose in the length you like not the length that Extend-A-Stay has decided to give you. Plus you will not "Normally" have use for all the other parts that come in the Extend-A-Stay kit. This is what I have on my second tank. The T fitting is branched in right after the service valve as all devices that will connect to the end of the hose will be devices that use the small green bottles and therefore have their own regulator. As for the second tank, all Westies have the mounting devices on the RH side as these vans were made for left and right hand drive countries. There will be two studs at the back same as on the left side but the forward studs are not there but instead there are two weld nuts on the chassis plugged with plastic plugs which you will need to remove and insert studs or bolts as I prefer. Just be careful to not use bolts that will protrude into the floor inside. Use thick flat washers between the legs of the tank and the chassis so that the tank is low enough to provide ease of filling with some of those big fat filler nozzles some stations have. See the original side to see the flat washers used by Westfalia. And, before you ask, I do not connect my two tanks together. Why ? Because it's more complicated making the right connection than just filling two tanks when you need propane and then the tanks have specific uses. The OEM tank is left to run the fridge and stove inside. My second tank runs my Propex heater and outside devices. Easy-Peasy !

On 2013-09-03, at 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote:

> You may want to look in to installing an "extend a stay" fitting into your propane line

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale) Frank Condelli & Associates - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley BusFusion a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 06 ~ 09, 2013