Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Sep 2013 15:04:50 -0700
From:         Tom Carchrae <tom@CARCHRAE.NET>
Subject:      Re: A Different Coolant Problem
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

Sure. And no doubt that steam in the engine is a nasty cycle, with air/steam pockets creating more/bigger hotspots.

However, once cooled, if there are no combustion gasses, then all the steam should disappear, right? When that happens, it will draw coolant back in from behind the licence plate. The only time it could leave air is if (a) it was combustion gases or (b) if the tank behind the plate was empty, or (c) the cap or pipe (to the reservoir behind the plate) has a hole.