Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:43:44 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help! I've got Vanagon Gremlins!!!
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@Q.COM>

I forgot if it's a 1.9 or a 2.1 waterboxer. if it's a 1.9 for intermittent no start ..I've found a few bad Idle Stablizers causing that.

ditto for Hall Sender in either engine's distributor.

especially if cooling down helps .consider electronics. Not the ecu .. but ignition electronics.

He/she/it may not want to leave you, seems like. Those gremlins can getcha every time ! Try burning incense inside the van.

On 9/10/2013 8:14 PM, Karl Wolz wrote: > Assume you checked fuses? > > Karl Wolz > Sent from my electronic umbilicus > > On Sep 10, 2013, at 8:03 PM, JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >> I have not found the solution ot my one episode of "failure to start". >> Have not been able to get a repeat of the syndrome - until today. Went >> in a building, came out - failed to start. Starter engaged, engine >> turned vigorously - would not fire. Tried twice. Then decided to let it >> rest a bit. 20 minutes later it fired right off first try. Ran fine all >> the way home, Made several stops. started every time. Weird. But the >> fact that sitting and cooling for 20 minutes seemed to have an impact >> may be a clue. >> >> Door catch - driver door - inop - know what that is about - just the >> timing of the event is bad. But - I can close and lock the door. >> >> AC quit today. Just simply died stone cold dead. I had ti running, then >> suddenly got a whiff of something acrid-electrical, and the AC stopped - >> period. Fans went off line. I immediately turned all switches off - >> tested the air fro further fumes but there were none. Something fried - >> but no fire, fortunately. >> >> ARGGH! Such things always happen at the worst times - when a potential >> buyer is coming to look. Thus my suspicions of gremlins. I think they >> know and planned it!! >> >> John