Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:55:18 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Big RV parks

I can't stand those big RV parks. I have stayed in one in my van. Silly, but we couldn't find a motel room... and I inherited a Bounder (many years ago) that required (too big to camp in) RV parks... We offed that big hog quickly after just a few months and one trip to La Paz, BCS....Interesting trip, and we gave the RV life a real try...didn't take.

I find them (real RV Parks) quite silly...to see all those large RVs, many costing multiple times the price of a nice little house, or maybe the whole City of Detroit...all packed in cheek by jowl, a few feet apart. I do like to ride my bicycle through some and check out the Brand names they have...."ALPHA!" "Commander"..."Dominator!" (I made that last one up myself...maybe I'll name my '84 tin top Dominator...) I like the airbrushed lions or dolphins or the mountain scenes...gives you a real sense of the outdoors...as you look at the graphics on the RV a few feet outside your air conditioned windows or the one behind, seen through your backup video cam...

There are whole Snowbird RV cities, like Yuma Az in winter...But you better bring your wallet and have reservations..they are sold out at $80/day in many of those RV parks...

I am glad, though, that my view is not shared by many...it would spread RVs around much more... if they didn't prefer to congregate in their own 'special' places..I bet you could fit six Vanagons into one RV space...four for sure....I've seen some good 'art' on VW busses, too...though nothing to match the "Safari" lion scene.....