Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Sep 2013 05:37:04 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Second Westy

Okay, I don’t think I’m crazy and my wife let me buy it so that should be proof I’m not crazy.    Below you’ll find the text of a draft I created over the weekend but held off posting until I found out the seller’s asking price.  I found that out on Monday and told her I’d buy it.  I never dreamed a '91 in decent shape would go for this price, so I’d have been crazy NOT to buy it.  I got it fair and square in a move that has never happened to me before.  I’d already emailed saying I’d buy it and she replied that she was putting it on CL, so while waiting for lunch to roll around I was idly hitting the Refresh key in the Cars+Trucks category when *BLINK* it appeared.  I replied instantly and she phoned me within a few minutes.  Brought it home last night.  I’m sure you understand.   Stephen ___________________________________________________  Local '91 white Westy coming on market soon. Not mine.  Van lives in the West End of Richmond VA.  I've seen it around my work neighborhood for a couple years and followed it once and spoke with the lady who at the time lived in TN and was visiting her aged parents here.  Turns out she's married to a guy I grew up a half block from.  Anyway, spotted it at the Goodyear store on Friday and emailed to ask if it was hers (now sports VA plates) and she reports they'll be selling it.  All the details I have so far below, except the Goodyear guy said it was in for a no-start issue remedied by a new distributor.  It's a 4-speed with A/C and she mentioned during our conversation that they had had (at that time) recent head work or engine replacement.  Full camper with no apparent rust or dented panels, decent but used interior, and good glass.  PM me if interested and I will forward to the owner.   Don't know asking price yet. Need to see how it runs.  225,000-230,000. Will check when we return home.  Good:  1991; original owners; interior OK including tent top; not made anymore Bad:  1991; not made anymore