Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:23:54 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Second Westy
Comments: To: Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

That's the thing.  She had mentioned during our earlier contacts that they were thinking of selling the van and I sent her links/info to KBB and Edmonds and to the Samba Classifieds, knowing what a decent '91 Westy would be worth and knowing it would be out of practical reach for me.  I mean, I already have a perfectly serviceable '87 and don't need to spend more on what would essentially be a toy.  I'd waste it on motorcycles or a Syncro instead.  I probably even mentioned the number 15,000 to her during one of those encounters.  Why they decided on the price they did is beyond me but I couldn't NOT buy it when I found out.   I will admit that in my response email to her I repeated the price spelled out in all caps to reflect an incredulous tone so she would know I wanted to be sure that she knew what she was doing.  The only thing I did not do is try to offer her more.    Admittedly, the van as it sits is not in primo condition.  It definitely needs work, questions about which I will soon present to the assembled brain trust, but it's got good bones.  It is a worthy project, however far I choose to pursue it.    Stephen ________________________________ From: Scott Daniel <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:20 PM Subject: Re: Second Westy I'd have to say this doesn't fall uder 'good deal' or even scandously good deal.. it falls under the seller has no idea what their 91 Westy is worth in the market. Sometimes they're 12 to 18 grand or whatever, even more. Like I'd think a buyer would be holding their breathe every second, hoping the seller doesn't figure something outsuddenly. Another version of a famous old saying ..'seller beware.' congrats ...at least it has gone to a good home ! On 9/12/2013 6:38 AM, Dan Rick wrote: > It's refreshing to hear that good deals do still exist with these vans! Congrats on the new van, I'll give you $4500 for your 87 ;-) > > > ________________________________ >  From: Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:30 AM > Subject: Re: Second Westy > > > Well, I thought my '87 in very good condition was an exceptional deal at $4400 seven years ago and this '91 was considerably less.  Extremely considerably less. > > Stephen > > > ________________________________ > From: Robert Fisher <garciasghostvw@gmail.com> > To: Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@yahoo.com> > Cc: Vanagon <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> > Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:13 AM > Subject: Re: Second Westy > > > > No, that's in there. How are we supposed to oooh and aaah over what a scandalously good deal you got if you don't tell us what the price was? >