Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Sep 2013 14:01:15 -0400
From:         Bill Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: An Engine Conversion Begins-Mixed Emotions!
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Don/All

I have owned,converted,maintained just about every type of conversion out there with the exception of diesel and the 1.8Ts. My experience goes back about 20 years with Vanagons and even earlier with baywindows. My first conversion was a Volvo motor into a baywindow Westy. Everyone has their favorites and I have mine which are all subject to personal opinion. What is the best conversion out there really is also opinion biased without having any way to gather accurate data from the years. I do have to argue one point though and that is an inline is significantly

easier to install than a Zetec conversion. My son who was 12 at the time was able to do a complete Zetec conversion with only help needed putting the transmission/engine in the van. He did the operation but out of safety concerns myself and another adult watched on while he did the work. Only assisting with jacking up the engine lift. Using the videos,online documents,and written documentation available he compared it to putting together a life size RC car.

Sent from my iPhone