Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:10:50 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: tool find
Comments: To: Tom Buese <tantonbz@gmail.com>

Yes, you have to be careful buying tools there. BUT they have some pretty good stuff too, you just have to know. Example: I bought an expensive suction cup for auto glass at a body shop supply once upon a time. Soon afterwards I got the bright idea to use the cup to pull out a dent. Turned out I needed two cups for the job, so I bought a second at Horrible Fright just to get by. Ten years later I am replacing my rear window rubber and need two cups. The expensive one pops off after five minutes on the job, the other, the HF, is holding three days later.

On the other side of the coin: The other day I was replacing a front wheel on my westy using a 1/2 inch Craftsman 19mm socket. It broke in two places on one of the bolts, nicking my recently refinished and and painted alloy. Not that old, maybe five years. Went to Sears for my replacement--they were out.

Jim