Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:18:10 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear hatch panel fastener options
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

HF sells a set of upholstery tools for under 6 dollars that will get the job done IF your plastic fasteners are not too rotten. I bought a set of the Bus Depot replacements and am more satisfied with those than anything I have found.

Once upon a time I went to the dealership for a set and they said that the cost of those was so high that they were embarrassed to sell them, and they stocked a lower cost alternative (I mean, can you grasp the full implication of this?).

Anyway, their "replacements" were OK, nothing you couldn't get at a well stocked FLAPS but in a light grey to match the interior of my 90.

Jim