Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:24:05 -0600
From:         Robert Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mice
Comments: To: Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM>

There are fresh air vents that are open to invasion near the top and sides of the plastic-screened vent at the top of the radiator. You can see them on either side once you remove the upper plastic grill. I put plastic window screen material across the entire area up there by removing that plastic cover (held on by some screws) placing a piece of plastic screen across that opening, putting the plastic cover back on, then using RTV (gray) to glue the screen across the wedge-shaped side openings. So far, so good. The mice use the tires,then coolant lines and suspension parts, wires to crawl up into that space. You may also find that they like making nests up in the engine compartment. My guess is that coating that fairly heavily with engine cleaner, and not rinsing it off, might make that area less homey.

Bob

Sent from my iPad